Vahine Island Resort
Located in the paradise of Motu Tu Vahine, a hidden island paradise awaits you on small private island in the middle of the Tahaa Lagoon. Vahine Island, a member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of World, offers all the elements for the perfect island retreat including superb white sand beaches, beautiful lush coconut groves, excellent coral gardens for snorkeling, and a pristine view of the island of Tahaa and the stunning sunset behind the neighboring island of Bora Bora.
Guests will be warmly welcomed by the resort’s small team of staff which offers personalized intimate service. The hotel is known for its outstanding French and international cuisine enhancing the flavors of locally sources fruits, vegetables, fresh fish and seafood. The hotel’s homemade yogurt sourced with local vanilla from the island of Tahaa is divine.
Each day after breakfast, the hotel proposes a variety of daily activities available to guests including snorkeling, a reef side discovery, fish feeding, or coconut demonstration.
Cocktails are served on the verandah-bar overlooking the lagoon, and during these magically romantic evenings, you will feel that there is nothing else in the world beyond this tropical paradise.
Why You’ll Love It
- This boutique resort is an outstanding getaway for couples and guests looking for an authentic Polynesian experience to celebrate a special anniversary, honeymoon or vacation.
- Book early! With only 9 bungalows, Vahine Island can book up to a year in advance.
- While the resort’s minimum stay is 2 nights, we would recommend a stay of 4 nights to fully enjoy the unique experience offered by this property.
By design, construction is limited to three overwater bungalows on the lagoon and six beach bungalows hidden among coconut trees, multicolored hibiscus and bougainvillea. The architecture of local woods and bamboo achieves a complete integration with the environment. Each villa or suites is delightfully Polynesian in style and décor and features ceiling fan, coffee/tea facilities, television, DVD player, telephone, bathroom with shower, hairdryer, internet access, and mini bar.
Beach Bungalow (3 Bungalows – 538 sq ft)
A beachfront bungalow features a spacious deck with a hammock, overlooking the lagoon of Tahaa and the island of Bora Bora.
Beach Suite (3 Suites – 1,237 sq ft)
A spacious suite featuring a large bedroom, living room and bathroom and oversized deck with a hammock overlooking the lagoon and sunset.
Overwater Bungalow (3 Bungalows – 753 sq ft)
These bungalows feature an oversized terrace with direct access to the lagoon below, as well as, glass bottom table.
Comfort and Entertainment
- Gift Shop
- WiFi Internet Access
- Ice Machine/Laundry Service
- Kayaks, Canoes
- Outrigger Canoe
- Pedal Boat
- The restaurant Vahine welcomes you every day for a calm breakfast of the lagoon, a casual beachside lunch, and a delicious gourmet dinner in a refined atmosphere. Note: given the remoteness of the location, purchase of a half board meal plan is mandatory. It includes a 3-course breakfast and dinner daily.
- The onsite bar is open all day and presents a unique Polynesian architecture of exotic woods, coconut tree trunks, bamboo, and volcanic stone. Cocktail specialties include compositions of fresh-squeezed fruit juices and alcohol/spirits of Polynesia.