Located close to beautiful Opunohu Bay on the Northeast coast of the island, the InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is a classic Polynesian style resort offering an amazing variety of accommodations and original activities and amenities.
The Moorea InterContinental Resort is an expansive property offering over 140 rooms and bungalows from standard garden view rooms to overwater bungalows, as well as, beachfront accommodations and garden bungalows with your own private pool. The hotel is popular for Moorea honeymooners, as well as, family travel to Moorea for its great variety of activities including the Moorea Dolphin Center, Sea Turtle Sanctuary and Wellness clinic, Helene Spa, and impressive infinity pool with swim up bar.
The resort’s lengthy beach area, set on the warm shallow lagoon, affords guests both sunrise and sunset views. Guests will find nearby shopping and local restaurants within walking distance of the resort.
Why You’ll Love It
- Beautiful traditional Polynesian style accommodations set among a lush and tropical backdrop offering sunrise, sunset and pristine mountain views.
- The Intercontinental Moorea is home to the country’s only Dolphin Center offering guests the opportunity to swim with the dolphins or just watch them as they swim gracefully through the lagoon.
- Enjoy the lush gardens of the resort and the hotel’s superb Garden Pool Jr Suite Bungalows which offer a private pool for each suite enclosed by lush greenery for maximum privacy.
What you Should Know
The hotel offers a great variety of overwater bungalows. We love the Premium Overwater Jr Suite Bungalows with the expanded terrace area. Unlike most hotels, the majority of the hotel’s overwater accommodations are landlocked with only the back half of the bungalow jutting out over the water. Ask your Tahiti Travel Planner about requesting one of the 4 bungalows at the resort which offer a true overwater bungalow experience located entirely over the lagoon.
The InterContinental Resort Moorea features a variety of luxury accommodations with traditional Polynesian décor and furnishings set among the gardens, beaches, and lagoons of the resort. Each air-conditioned accommodation features a terrace or balcony, bathrooms with bathtub and separate shower, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, complimentary guest amenities, television with movie channel, radio/CD player, ceiling fan, internet access, mini-bar, coffee/tea facilities, and in room safe.
Lanai Room (2 rooms – 323 sq ft)
Comfortable and spacious, located closer to the main building of the resort, with a terrace or balcony overlooking the luxurious tropical gardens of resort.
Premium Lanai Room (2 rooms – 323 sq ft)
Identical in layout and amenities to the Lanai Rooms, the Premium Lanai Rooms are located on the first floor with lagoon and ocean views.
Garden Pool Jr Suite Bungalow (17 Bungalows – 721 sq ft)
Set among the beautiful and fragrant tropical gardens of the resort, each bungalow features a king size bed and sitting area with desk and sofa. The large terrace offering a private pool and a thatched roof gazebo is the ultimate place to relax.
Beach Jr Suite Bungalow (17 Bungalows – 409 sq ft)
Situated on a white sand beach gently sloping into the lagoon, these bungalows offer easy access to the beaches and surrounding lagoons.
Premium Jr Suite Beach Bungalow (11 Bungalows – 409 sq ft)
Located on the best beachfront location at the hotel offering unobstructed views of the horizon and lagoon from the beaches.
Overwater Jr Suite Bungalow (21 Bungalows – 452 sq ft)
Offering exquisite views of the surrounding lagoon, each bungalow features a private terrace overlooking the surrounding lagoon. Unlike other overwater accommodations on Moorea, the Moorea InterContinental’s overwater bungalows are secured to a motu and only the terrace or deck of the bungalow is truly over the water.
Premium Overwater Jr Suite Bungalow (29 Bungalows – 452 sq ft)
Similar in size and layout as the regular Overwater Bungalows, these Premium bungalows are designated as those offering the best views and locations at the resort.
Comfort and Entertainment
- Swimming Pool
- Moorea Dolphin Center
- Helene Spa
- Bathy’s Club Dive Center
- Turtle Care Center
- Gift Shop & Tahiti Perles Boutique
- Business Center, WiFi Internet Access
- On Site Polynesian Craft Market
- Transit Rooms
- Ice Machines/Laundry Service
- Fitness Center
- Tennis Courts, Volleyball
- Kayaks, Canoes
- Fare Nui Restaurant – International, Exotic & Gourmet Cuisine
- Fare Hana Restaurant – Poolside Dining, Local and International Cuisine
- Motu Iti Bar – Tropical cocktails & live music nightly, happy hour
- Motu One Bar – Swim up bar offering tropical cocktail and light snacks
- Weekly Polynesian Theme Dinner & Dance Shows including Tahiti Night, Polynesian Barbecue Night, “Soirée Merveilleuse” Seafood Buffet Night
- Room Service
- Honeymoon gift, and
- Bottle of Champagne (3+ nights), and
- Pareo and T-Shirt (5+ nights), and
- One theme dinner for two (applicable only for Overwater Bungalow stays of 7+ nights and excludes drinks)
Current specials at the InterContinental Moorea Resort and Spa include:
Stay 3/Pay 2
Stay three nights and pay for only two. Or, stay six nights and pay for only four. Available year round.
Stay 5/Pay 4
Stay five nights and pay for only four. Available year round.
Save 20% on your room when you book at least 90 days in advance. Available year round.
Save 15% on your room when staying for your honeymoon. Stay must occur within twelve months of wedding date. Available year round.
Save 5% when you stay in more than one InterContinental resort, or combine a stay at one InterContinental resort with a stay at:
- The Brando, or
- A Maitai Property, or
- Paul Guauguin Cruise
The Combination discount may be applied to the Stay/Pay, Early Bird, and Honeymoon discounts. Available year round.
*Your Tahiti Travel Planners travel specialist has the most current list of all specials (including any flash sales or unpublished specials, if applicable).