Most travelers would agree that a really challenging aspect of packing is figuring out what beauty products you should bring with you on vacation. Whether you’re a minimalist, or are completely makeup obsessed and choosing your cosmetics feels like picking between your children, it’s always a good idea to have a basic beauty packing strategy.
Before you jet off to paradise, we recommend you bring the following items from home:
- Travel toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Travel deodorant (3 oz. or less)
- Sunscreen! Take a large bottle of SPF 30 or higher, and pack it in your checked baggage.
- Makeup removing wipes. These double as face cleansing wipes when you want to quickly freshen up your face. These “Yes To” wipes are petroleum, paraben, and cruelty free, and they smell delicious.
- Hand sanitizer. It’s such an easy item and it always comes in handy on an airplane. Bath and Body Works makes pocket sized hand sanitizers in a variety of scents that you can throw in your purse.
- Oil-free makeup. If you are a makeup wearer, we strongly recommend a light, oil-free tinted moisturizer that won’t feel heavy, or cause breakouts, in tropical weather. The Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer offers sheer coverage, a light feeling on the skin, and SPF 20. This is a larger item, so make sure you pack it in your checked bag.
- Lip Balm. Your lips will thank you if you get dehydrated on your flight. Be sure to pick up a lip balm with SPF for an easy way to get additional sun protection.
- Waterproof mascara
- Setting powder. If you wear makeup, this will save you from sweat-induced makeup streaks on your face and neck. Makeup Forever offers a great option, and Rimmel London offers an equally amazing, budget friendly option.
- Monoi Oil. You can actually purchase this in Tahiti. This oil, made from coconut oil and Tiare blossoms, is considered the “sacred oil of the Polynesians,” and is fantastic for hydrating the skin and hair.
Before you leave, remember to moisturize your face with a heavier cream moisturizer instead of a lotion, and drink plenty of water. It will help your skin stay hydrated on a long flight.
Enjoy your travels!
Please note: Results may vary on makeup, skincare, or bath and body items reviewed. We are not liable for any problems that should arise from trying out any product reviewed. Please exercise caution and your best judgment when trying out any new beauty product. All my reviews and opinions are based on personal experience with a product. TTP is not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned above. We do not endorse them and they do not endorse us. We were not paid for these reviews.