Contact our specialists to plan a trip to this resort.
Rurutu Le Manotel
During the season, humpback whales visit Rurutu on their yearly migration from Antarctica to our warmer waters, taking advantage of the calm lagoons and lack of predators for reproduction. The clear waters around Rurutu allow a spectacular encounter with these impressive mammals.
Le Manotel is located mountainside in Peva. The pension offers 4 large local style bungalows in a beautiful garden with rare species of flowers and trees. A nice spot with beach loungers is available for guests on the beautiful white sand beach, just across the pension, on the other side of the road. Le Manotel is renowned throughout the island for its table d’hôte, Helen, the hostess, will make you enjoy her delicious cuisine based on local products. Do not miss the island tour of Rurutu with Yves, her husband, who will share his knowledge of history, or geology with you. The Manotel, a very good place for the curious and lovers of nature.
Why You’ll Love It:
- Charming accommodations with knowledgeable local owners who enjoy sharing their love of the islands with guests.
- Guests may have the opportunity to snorkel with humpback whales (depending on the conditions during their stay)
What you Should Know:
Book early! The high season for whale watching in Rurutu is July 15 – October 15th. Due to the limited number of flights and accommodations on the islands, we recommend booking at least 9-12 months in advance to be assured of accommodations during your stay.
Rurutu Le Manotel Bungalows
Le Manotel offers a variety of simple Polynesian style bungalows. Each accommodation features one king size bed and one single bed, private bathroom with shower, hair dryer, minibar, fan and mosquito net.
Garden Bungalow (4 bungalows – 376 ft)
Wooden bungalow, situated in the lush tropical garden of the pension, simple yet comfortable. All accommodations include daily half board (continental breakfast & dinner).
Le Manotel Rurutu Amenities and Activities
- WiFi Internet Access
- TV/Movie Room, Library
- The owner offers & proposes a variety of activities and tours that can be booked through the hotel for an additional fee including diving, hiking tours, whale watching, snorkeling, horse tours, and a grand circle tour
- Continental Breakfast Buffet is offered each morning and included in the accommodation rate.
- A 3 course dinner is included nightly and served in the dining room including appetizer, main entrée and dessert. Most dishes are derived from locally caught fish and seafood, homegrown vegetables from the island or rice.
- Lunch is available on request daily.
- Good variety of wine and liquors available during meal time