Often travelers ask us – what should I do when I’m on Bora Bora? Where should I eat? What should we see? Here are our recommendations of experiences you shouldn’t miss while visitng the island of Bora Bora…
- Stay in an Overwater Bungalow – Even if for only one night, no visit to the islands would be complete without a stay in one of these spectacular overwater accommodations. As you listen to the sea, you can view sea life and fish below your bungalow from your glass topped coffee table or viewing panel. Simply spectacular!
- See a Traditional Polynesian Dance Show – No visit would be complete without experiencing a traditional Polynesian dance show complete with fire dancing and songs. Our favorites include the dinner/dance show at the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort and the show at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui. Be sure to bring your dancing shoes as the dancers love audience participation.
- Enjoy a Romantic Canoe Breakfast – As the sun slowly rises in the morning, you will take your place at the table of your private overwater bungalow. A traditional Polynesian outrigger canoe, fashioned with tropical flower, paddles surely towards your bungalow. Upon arrival, a Polynesian vahine greets you with a delicious continental breakfast served lagoonside – unforgettable!
- Relax with a Traditional Polynesian Spa Treatment – Using local ingredients from the islands including fresh fruits and delicately scented flowers, a Polynesian spa treatment is the ultimate in relaxation and rejuvenation. Start with a relaxing massage on a table set in the quiet lagoons waters, followed by wrap of banana leaves and fruit extracts; lastly sink into a silky soft bath of soothing oils and fragrant Tiare flowers. Now this is heaven…
- Go an a Shark and Ray Watching Excursion – What could be more exciting than being in the water with these beautiful sea creatures? A guide will take you to a location where you will come face to face with black tip lagoon sharks. These animals are beautiful but not aggressive, dare we say almost shy? After your shark experience, you will enjoy a hands on encounter with playful stingrays. These graceful beings are curious and will not hesitate to flutter across your feet and legs.
Feel free to contact our Tahiti Travel Specialists for more ideas.